Thursday, April 19, 2012

Healing Tips


I’m not as good at this as my Mama was; she knew what to do for whatever ailed you. Here are a few tips that can help.

Sweet oil applied to a painful area then covered with a warm cloth will help ease the pain.

Witch Hazel is the best acne solution you can use. My Mama always made us use it if we had a break out.

Sweet oil rubbed on the bottom of a babies feet helps relieve colic. I don’t know how this works but it does.

A loadstone held on any area where there is pain will pull the pain off. It is also good for removing cross conditions by pulling them off.

A red cotton string rub over the head when you have a head ache then tied in {9} knots will help relieve the headache. Bury it under the eve of the house on the back side.

Momma Starr

8 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks. I actually have a witch hazel cleanser that I was drawn to and yes it does work quite well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works on ant bites too. It helps keep them from itching and burning. Momma Starr

      Delete
  2. Witch Hazel is a good constrictor/soother, thus being good for not only shrinking acne but hemroids as well, and I was given witch hazel pads after giving birth to help sooth that as well. Mama Starr, I've dealt with depression for years and am finally getting over the hump after a long time, could you recommend something for that as well? If not that's fine! Thanks as always for your wonderful information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have notes that I have saved for years and years I'll look through them for something that will help. Momma Starr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I just thought maybe it would help others that are down and out wether it be temporary or on going..(not just for me, guess I should've said that in the first place but had other stuff on my mind :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome and if you every need info and I can share it I will. Y'all just have to ask. Momma Starr

      Delete
  5. When my son was just a baby, his great grandmother would tell me to rub him down with castor oil when he was sick and make a cross on his forehead to pull the sickness out. Much to my belief this actually worked for him and I was a happy mama! Thank you for posting this!

    ReplyDelete